Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Carrot Pineapple Muffins

1 cup sugar (I use 1/2 brown sugar and 1/2 white sugar)
2/3 cup vegetable oil or canola oil (I use unsweetened applesauce instead)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon (although I'm not a huge cinnamon fan I think it could use a little more cinnamon)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup grated carrot
1 cup drained crushed pineapple

Stir together sugar and oil. Then stir in the eggs until well combined. Add the vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture just until combined. Add carrots and pineapple just until combined.
Spoon into greased muffin tin, filling to top. Bake in a preheated 375 degree (F) oven for 20 minutes or until done.
Cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, then remove to a rack to finish cooling.

Even Matt and Gavyn ate these and seemed to enjoy them. I have found a way to feed my boys vegetables!! I think that raisins would be pretty good in these also.

No comments: